Friday, August 10, 2012

Tool #8

For Tool #8, in your post:
  1. After watching the videos/tutorials, list two to three things you learned about the device(s) that will be in your classroom this fall.
  2. How do you plan to manage the device(s) in your classroom? Do you have ideas/suggestions that others may find useful?

I have learned that the ipads have plenty of fun "games" on them to use in the art rooms as well as having the internet at the student's fingertips.  I have found several tutorials that can be used in the classroom as well as talking to another social studies teacher at another school, she has shown me an app that will record my voice as well as anything I type or insert into the ipad and can be used for students who are absent, etc.  I find that the "art apps" are usually game related which I find non-useful to the students other than for a play toy.  I have seen "non-art people" get real excited about the "pottery making" app and tell art teachers that this app will help them in the classroom, however, I feel that there is nothing like actually having a student's hands in clay to do this or mixing paint for themselves rather than digitally on a device.  I will have to work more with the devices to come up with the best solution for this situation and would love help with that aspect as I am a ipad dummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment