Monday, June 18, 2012

Tool #4

Okay, let me first say, I do not like Google Docs.  At all.  They make me crazy.  I think it's like Mac people not liking PC platform based things and vice versa.  It just frustrates me.  Kinda like eating peas.  I'll eat them to set a good example (okay, maybe not....), but I don't have to like them!
So, with that said.... I've done it, I've accomplished what was set out for us to do...on to Tool #4.

Tool 4 says:
For your Tool #4 post in your blog:
1. Create at least one document in Google Docs and share it with a few others on your campus or within your department. It could a team member, a department colleague, or another teacher with whom you plan a collaboration. Ask that person to comment or chat and real-time edit the document with you.  Done! Created a mini list of things I have to remember as an art teacher by month. I sent it to Mrs. Johnson, Ms. Reap, Ms. Ricco, and Mrs. Ache to comment on.
2. Create one form in Google Docs and send it via email to at least two other people and ask them to respond. Done! I created a budget spreadsheet that would give access to myself and the other art teacher so that we can see the "checkbook", giving Val and Dee access to view.
3. Briefly discuss how you can use the tools in Google Apps with your team or department. How can you incorporate Google Apps as a tool in your classroom? Which tools are you excited about using with students? I think I can try to figure out how to get the list of vendors together for the art fundraiser, etc... I would think that you could make an exam on Google forms if you have a way that all students could access it and answer the questions.


2 comments:

  1. Stephanie-I like your budget document. I need to keep track of all my budgets better. maybe something like this would be helpful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you Stephanie - I find Google Docs a little cumbersome. I love the idea of it, and we use it in the leadership team, but it is not my favorite at all!

    ReplyDelete